Sunday, April 16, 2006

Ok Here we go.

This blog is being made to track the exploits of myself and who ever else I can recruit into the "I found this glass" experiment. The whole purpose of this experiment is to see what kind of reaction we can get from the public.

What we are going to do is try and see if we can get people to pick up glass art in public that we leave in interesting places. I am going to try to take pictures of the glass befor we put it out, where we put it out, and if I get lucky a picture of the people that pick it up if we can hang out long enought catch them in the act of being the lucky ones to find the pieces. I think I am also going to get some stickers printed up to put on the pieces so that they can find this website and post about the piece that they have found and what they are going to do with it. Maybe they will go the extra step and place it back out in public and this will start over again. Maybe they will like the piece so much they want to keep it. We will just have to wait and see.

Right now there are two artist involved. Myself (The Glass Gnat), and Glassblowingman. Both of use have done this little project befor, but Glassblowingman does it with quite a bit more stuff than myself. I am either going to itch "iftg.blogspot.com" on the bottom of each piece or put stickers on them. Either way I hope the public comes back to this site. Let the games begin.

Gnat.
.

2 Comments:

Blogger glassblowingman said...

LMFAO man !.. see my blog.. i did another ! still no word from anyone though.. i've started writing the blog address on my card also..
i'm trying to get my assistant to join in also.
re: glow glass, i'll post on that again when i get my first piece back.. it was pretty pricey..

4:49 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Can you track placement location by GPS? You can get a pretty good Garmin basic GPS unit at sporting good stores. This could add an element for those people who search for items via GPS lhttp://www.citizensedmond.com/index.htm
Citizens Bank of Edmondike at www.geocaching.com

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home